Do you feel like you're part of something that's improving the Automotive Industry? Are you looking for a team that cares about your family life? Do you work on the weekends and want to have that time off? When you build your career at Graham Auto Repair, we can give you all of this and more!
What does a day at work look like as a Service Advisor?
- Continuously communicating with our customers; before, during & after services.
- Communicating customer concerns with our Technicians.
- Communicating Technician observations and questions with our customers.
- Building a relationship with our customers, getting to know them & their needs.
- Educating our customers of the benefits of keeping up with vehicle maintenance.
- Sharing the details of necessary & future repairs with our customers in a simple to understand language.
- Building estimates & creating invoices.
- Contacting vendors & ordering parts.
- Becoming knowledgeable with our systems, processes & the services we offer.
- Flowing between multiple tasks quickly as needed.
- Satisfactorily completing daily & monthly paperwork procedures.
Communication is important. Our Advisors serve as a communication window between our Technicians and our customers. The two primary roles for this position are: educating our customers about their vehicles; and sharing detailed descriptions of the customers' concerns with our Technicians. The Service Advisor spends the majority of their time communicating between our Technicians, vendors & customers on a continuous basis throughout their day.
Teamwork is important. Every role on our Team is equally valuable and important. It is imperative that we work together as a well-oiled machine. This means working seamlessly together for our customers. It's our Team's responsibility to ensure that our customers have a strong understanding of what is going on with their vehicles. Doing this empowers our customers to keep their vehicle & their loved ones safely on the road for years to come!
What are some benefits of building your career with us?
- 5-day work week, have your weekends off.
- Paid weekly on Fridays.
- Continuous paid training throughout the year.
- Medical, dental & IRA with company match.
- Digital vehicle inspections on a tablet, with photos that assist you in communicating with our customers & Technicians.
- A leadership team that wants to hear your voice & is willing to learn, so they can grow.
- Team meetings, outings & activities - our team is a family!
What are some requirements for a Service Advisor?
- In-depth knowledge of Automotive services, vehicles & parts.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a genuine desire to serve people.
- The ability to work cooperatively & effectively with others as part of a team.
- Courteous & clear telephone voice with an enthusiastic personality.
- Strong knowledge of English grammar & spelling for reading, writing & speaking.
- Professional appearance & ability to maintain a clean & safe work area.
- The ability to thrive in a high-volume, high-demand, very fast-paced environment.
- A valid state driver's license & clean driving record is required.
- Excellent keyboarding skills: a typing test for WPM is required.
- A strong aptitude for working with computers & learning new technology.
- Motivated with a thirst for knowledge & a desire to learn & grow.
Productivity is important!
- Our service & sales teams come together for daily morning meetings, to coordinate the day.
- We have monthly one-on-one meetings for open communication about training & growth.
- Both shops come together for quarterly meetings and Team events. Two shops, one Team!
- We expect our leadership team to be open to hearing the unvarnished truth without ego, and to listen generously.
- These open lines of communication keep our shops as efficient and productive as possible!
How do I apply?
You can apply directly on our website by clicking below. You can also download the PDF or stop by our shop to pick-up an application in person. Please submit an up-to-date resume that documents your employment experience as an Automotive Technician. After you apply, our Hiring Team will contact you to set-up an interview.
Graham Auto Repair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will always accept applications for future opportunities with our Team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application online, please email us at: [email protected].
Related keywords: Service Advisor, Service Writer, Automotive Repair Shop, Service Estimator, Auto Repair Career