Are you a lube technician and tired of not advancing? Do you love technology and want to move forward in a career that challenges you? Are you looking for a team that cares about your family life? When you build your career with us at Graham Auto Repair, we can give you all of this and more!
Our Washington State Certified Apprentice Program can be completed in 5 years or less, depending on your prior experience in the Automotive Industry. Our program combines weekly online classes with in-house, ongoing training. The ultimate goal: For you to earn the title of Master Technician. This will enable you to have very high earning wages.
What does a day at work look like as an Apprentice Technician?
- You can expect to complete both maintenance services and vehicle repairs, depending on your experience level.
- Expect to complete: digital vehicle inspections, oil services, tire services, basic fluid services, and routine maintenance & repairs.
- Every Apprentice starts with an introductory period to ensure that this program and our team is the best fit for your career.
- During your Apprenticeship Program you will progress through approximately 4-5 years of training.
- This program includes weekly online classes, job shadowing, in-house training, studying & homework.
- This is a full-time position, with a Monday-Friday work week. Have weekends off!
- Our Technicians document & communicate detailed descriptions of the work they perform.
- This is a very fast-paced environment in a community where we have built trust with our customers.
How does our pay work?
- General Service Apprentice Level Pay Range: $32,739 - $35,360 Annually.
- Master Service Apprentice Pay Range: $37,024 - $58,614 Annually.
- Pay is dependent on experience & skill level. Pay progression is determined by the Apprentice Program (see chart above).
- Weekly bonuses can also be earned for current ASE Certifications and team productivity.
- Bonus: Don't have a toolbox? That's okay! We will provide a toolbox and basic tools for you. After you complete one year in our program the tools will be yours!
What are some benefits of building your career with us?
- 5-day work week, have your weekends off.
- Paid weekly on Fridays.
- Continuous paid training throughout the year.
- Medical, dental & IRA with company match.
- State-of-the-art equipment in a well-organized shop with multiple bays.
- Digital inspections & live daily reports.
- A leadership team that wants to hear your voice & is willing to learn, so they can grow.
- Team meetings, outings & activities - our team is a family!
What are some requirements for an Apprentice Technician?
- 1-2 years of professional, on-the-job experience as an Automotive Technician.
- Can be substituted with training in an Automotive school program at the High School and/or College levels.
- A valid state driver's license & a clean driving record are required.
- Ability to maintain a clean & safe work area.
- Positive attitude, customer service mentality, team player.
- Enjoy working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to document & communicate detailed descriptions of diagnostics & repairs performed.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize & manage your time productively.
- Mechanically inclined with a strong aptitude for working with computers & new technology.
- With a passion & desire to continue learning & training as part of our team!
Productivity is important!
- Our service & sales teams come together for daily morning meetings, to coordinate the day.
- We have monthly one-on-one meetings for open communication about training & growth.
- Both shops come together for quarterly meetings and Team events. Two shops, one Team!
- We expect our leadership team to be open to hearing the unvarnished truth without ego, and to listen generously.
- These open lines of communication keep our shops as efficient and productive as possible!
How do I apply?
You can apply directly on our website by clicking below. You can also download the PDF or stop by our shop to pick-up an application in person. Please submit an up-to-date resume that documents your employment experience as an Automotive Technician. After you apply, our Hiring Team will contact you to set-up an interview.
Graham Auto Repair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will always accept applications for future opportunities with our Team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application online, please email us at: [email protected].
Related keywords: Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, Automotive Repair Shop, Apprenticeship Program, Automotive Apprentice Technician, Apprentice Program, Washington State Certified Apprentice Program